Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Genesee County Files Application to Drain Lake Huron

The Michigan DEQ received a water withdrawal permit request this week from the Genesee County Drain Commission for the withdrawal of 85 million gallons per day from Lake Huron as a public water supply source for Genesee County, the city of Flint and customer municipalities in Lapeer, Sanilac, Saginaw, and Shiawassee counties.

A 45 day public comment period required under state law will be open through July 15, and a decision on the permit application is expected later this summer.

Copies of the permit application and supporting information are available on the DEQ website at http://www.michigan.gov/deq.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I now own a business of my own with the help of Elegantloanfirm with a loan of $900,000.00 USD. at 2% rate charges, at first i taught with was all a joke until my loan request was  process under five working days and my requested funds was transfer to me. am now a proud owner of a large business with 15 staffs working under me. All thanks to the loan officer Russ Harry he is a God sent, you can contact them to improve your business on.. email-- Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com.