Media Matters and Campaign for America's Future have just completed a new joint report called, "The Progressive Majority: Why a Conservative America is a Myth."
The report uses non-partisan polling data gathered over the course of 20 years to show that conventional wisdom that Americans are overwhelmingly conservative is simply wrong.
The United States – regardless of how the current corporate media portrays it – is a progressive nation that is getting more progressive, including Michigan.
Michigan Polling Data:
1. “Providing health insurance for people who do not already have it—should the federal government spend more on it, the same as now, less, or no money at all?” Percent answering “More”: 74%
2. The federal government helping to pay for health insurance for all children—do you favor or oppose this? Percent answering “favor”: 83%
3. “The federal government helping employers pay the cost of their workers’ health insurance—do you favor or oppose this?” Percent answering “favor”: 69%
4. “Providing financial assistance to public elementary and secondary schools—should the federal government spend more on it, the same as now, less, or no money at all?” Percent answering “more”: 68%
5. “The federal government trying to reduce the income differences between rich and poor Americans—do you favor or oppose the federal government doing this?” Percent favoring: 56%
6. “The federal government banning all abortions—do you favor or oppose the federal government doing this?” Percent opposed: 63%
7. “Would you favor or oppose an amendment to the U.S. Constitution saying that no state can allow two men to marry each other or two women to marry each other?” Favor: 42% Oppose: 48%
8. “Restricting the kinds of guns that people can buy—should the federal government do more about it, do the same as now, do less about it, or do nothing at all?” Percent answering “more”: 53%
Follow the logic. It makes sense that Michigan businesses should promote themselves as progressive and let their customers know of their progressive values.